The TJ Wies family are loyal tradespeople dedicated to creating a successful project.
With the ability to scale up for large projects, TJ Wies can complete any job. Construction services include preconstruction services, project management, prefabrication, metal stud framing, acoustical ceilings, and specialty ceiling and wall finishes.
By taking advantage of the latest technology including Revit and Total Station, and by providing tablets to foremen, each and every step of the construction process is optimized.
As industry leaders in drywall services, TJ Wies is a full-service commercial metal framing and drywall contractor. Our crews are highly skilled and knowledgeable, and they are led by our experienced foremen. Providing expert quality at a competitive price, services include:
- Exterior cold-formed curtain walls and in-fill framing
- Interior light gauge wall, ceiling, and soffit framing
- Installation of cold-formed steel trusses
- Drywall Hanging and Finish Taping
- Installation of cold-formed load-bearing wall and floor systems
- Sectors include but aren't limited to: Healthcare, Education, Athletic, Government, Retail, Multi-Family, Hotel, Laboratory and High Technical, Office
TJ Wies can perform any acoustical ceiling project, large or small. We have the capability to install any and all specialty ceilings on the market. With over two centuries of field experience, we can rapidly learn, educate, and train our crew on how to properly install the latest products. Acoustical Ceilings and Specialties include:
- Recycled PET felt and engineered polymer
- Decorative/Acoustical ceiling and wall panels
- Detention and Security ceilings
- Clean rooms and food prep
- Interior and exterior
- Acoustical ceiling tile and grid
- Clouds, baffles, beams, banners and other specialty suspended ceiling elements
- Metal and wood ceilings/walls of all types
- Cementitious wood fiber products
- Angled, sloped, curved, colored, and geometric patterns
- If they can dream it, draw it, and develop it, we can supply and install it.
Quality craftsman skilled in rough and finish carpentry can dramatically improve the overall quality of a building. TJ Wies’ team of expert union carpenters can take on the critical details of any project, including:
- Wall Panels
- General Works Packages
- Toilet Partitions
- Doors, Frames, and Hardware
- Wood Framing
- Roof Blocking
- Composite decking
- Toilet Accessories
- Glass Partitions and Storefronts
- Exterior Claddings (Nichiha, Fibercement, Terracotta, etc)
In-house capabilities include prefabricated gypsum shapes such as corners, soffits, and radius pieces using gypsum milling machines.
- Schedule savings
- Quality control
- Climate controlled environment
- Milled drywall components
- Prefinished exterior wall panels
- Modular bathroom pods
- Load bearing wall panels
- Light gauge wall & soffit components
- Kitting of materials
- Medical Head Walls
- Multi-trade MEP Racks
- Multi-Trade Coordination and Collaboration
TJ Wies completed the first LEED Platinum certified project in St. Louis, Alberici Corporation’s World Headquarters.
All Estimators and Project Managers are well versed in the LEED process; their knowledge and experience allow them to bring practical solutions to every LEED project’s requirements.
TJ Wies' team works with BIM modeling experts.
When everyone who has a stake in a project is working together early and proactively, the result is a team based approach that saves time and money without compromising quality. We're willing to be an active member of an IPD team.
Additionally, close teamwork creates an environment in which trust is built and essential information is shared
With access to a state of the art prefabrication facility, and value engineering technology, TJ Wies’ Preconstruction team can provide dramatic cost saving opportunities on your project.
Instantly improving efficiency, total station is an electronic/optical instrument that allows contractors to lay out a building using the building model and CAD drawings. A single person can lay out without the need for assistance. The accuracy obtained utilizing Total Station reduces the opportunity for error.
With award winning experience and commitment to an injury free workplace, TJ Wies provides valuable construction supervision.
Lean Processes improve jobsite safety and efficiency while eliminating waste. TJ Wies’ Lean initiatives include, but are not limited to the following:
A dedicated team utilizing comprehensive software systems and tools to keep your project on time and on budget.
Producing high quality, detailed bids and budgets using the most advanced estimating technology available.
Advanced technology and a dedicated team to keep your project on time and on budget
All of the information produced in the estimating stage can be forwarded to laptops and tablets for our Project Managers and jobsite foremen to use.
DPC allows foremen to track production of each estimated phase on a daily basis on their laptop/tablet and compare actual production versus estimated production to see exactly how well their team is performing. The information entered into it is also sent digitally to the Project Manager, who has a real time picture of each jobs’ performance.
We have the expertise and experience to provide the support you need from the partner you trust.